Step One: Get your measurements
Take your bust, waist and hip measurements using a cloth measuring tape over bra and panties. Avoid measuring yourself! Ask a friend, relative or professional tailor to take your measurements.
Tips: Write down your measurements. Keep them handy. You’ll need them!
- Wrap measuring tape around your body snuggly, but don’t pull it tight!
- Don’t suck in your stomach.
- The better you measure, the better your dress will fit, but always plan on alterations!
Measure around the fullest part of your chest over the bra cups.
Tip: Keep arms relaxed!
Measure around the narrowest part of your body.
Tip: Measure just above your belly button.
Measure around the fullest part of your lower body.
Tip: Stand with your feet together.
Under 5”3’’: Measure 6” below your waistline
Over 5’4”: Measure 7″ below your waistline.
Step Two: Check the size chart when you pick any dress!
Each dress hasthe same size chart . Click on the size chart for your dress. Compare your measurements with that size chart. The dress must be large enough to fit you everywhere: bust, waist and hips.
Step Three: Be Size Wise
- Never guess your size
- Don’t assume you wear your size in everyday clothes.
- Your bra size is not your bust measurement.
- Focus on fit not size; it’s only a number on the label no one will see
- Select a dress style that flatters your curves
- Plan on alterations for a perfect fit; everyone needs them.
- Consider shape wear your secret to looking slim no matter what your size
- Select undergarments in colors near your skin tone to avoid showing through your dress